Friday, January 19, 2018 12:00PM - Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:30AM
Little Lyford Lodge and Cabins & Gorman Chairback Lodge and Cabins,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
Come join us on a journey through the 100 Mile Wilderness to stay at both of AMC's beautiful remote Maine Lodges. On this two night excursion participants will enjoy winter at its best, skiing, snowshoeing, and enjoying winter in the comfort of our Lodges. From our winter parking lot participants will ski six miles with Registered Maine Guides to Little Lyford. A social for the group will be held before dinner which will be served at 6pm. After dinner the group will meet in the library to go over the weekend schedule. At 9:30am the next morning the group will follow their guides on the Lodge to Lodge Trail seven miles to Gorman Chairback. Upon arrival at Gorman Chairback, guests will be showed to their cabins and then have the opportunity to explore the local trails around camp before sitting down to a delicious and delightful dinner in the Lodge. The next morning after breakfast the group will ski the seven miles back to the winter parking lot. We should arrive at our cars by 3pm.
Ages 16 and up
*Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights, dinner Friday and Saturday night, breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday, Gear shuttle to each camp and out to parking lot, instruction and leadership by AMC Certified Maine Guides.
Address to enter into GPS: 1 Chairback Road T7 R9, Greenville, ME 04441 (45.462° N, 69.316° W)
1. Take I-95 North to ME Exit 157. Turn left onto Rt. 11 North/Rt. 100 North.
2. Continue on Rt. 11 North/Rt. 7 North for 6.7 miles.
3. Continue straight onto Rt. 7 North for 8.2 miles (do not bear right on Rt. 11 North).
4. Turn left onto Dam St. Continue onto Rt. 23 North for 11.1 miles.
5. Turn left onto Rt. 15 North/Rt. 16 West/Rt. 6 West for 1.4 miles.
6. Turn right onto Rt. 15 North/Rt. 6 West and continue for 25.6 miles.
7. Follow directions below from Greenville.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to exit 143 toward AutoRt. 610 East.
2. Take AutoRt. 610 East for 6.7 miles to Rt. 112 East exit (exit on left).
3. Follow Rt. 112 East for 7.7 miles and then take slight right onto QC-214 East.
4. Continue to on QC-214 and then turn left onto QC-108 East for 49.2 miles.
5. Turn right onto 8e Rue E.
6. Continue on QC-269 South for about 30 miles.
7. Turn right onto QC-173 South for 10.6 miles. Continue onto Maine Rt. 6 for 16.5 miles.
8. Turn left onto Rt. 15 East and follow 47.8 miles.
9. Turn right onto Moosehead Lake Rd.
10. Follow directions below from Greenville.
From Greenville, ME:
1. Head East on Pleasant St for 0.5 miles. Continue on E Rd for 3.6 miles. Continue on Ki Rd. for 3.3 miles.
2. Turn right and continue 0.2 miles.
3. Take first left and continue 3.8 miles.
4. Turn left at Mountain Rd. and continue 3.3 miles.
5. Turn right onto Gorman Chairback Camp Rd. and continue for 3 miles.
Approximate driving times to Gorman Chairback Lodge and Cabins:
• From Boston, 270 miles, five and a half hours.
• From Montreal, 280 miles, six and a half hours.