Friday, February 16, 2018 5:00PM - Sunday, February 18, 2018 3:00PM
New Hampshire, White Mountains,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
This adventure is designed for families in search of a fun winter experience. Our trip begins with an orientation session and overnight at AMC's Highland Center at Crawford Notch. On the first full day of the program, we'll spend it outdoors learning how to use snowshoes and then hiking up Mt. Willard for a classic, Crawford Notch winter adventure. We'll return for lunch and an afternoon of kid-friendly activities and dinner. After dinner we'll enjoy a winter evening outdoors around a campfire. On day three we strap on our snowshoes and trek to nearby frozen waterfall, while looking for and identifying animal tracks. The terrain is beginner to moderate and the pace will be comfortable with plenty of time to explore and learn.
•Snowshoe clinic and hiking
•Campfire & s'mores
•Fun, kid friendly activities throughout
•Animal tracking and natural history on the trail
•Winter dark sky observation
•Group experience with other families
Address to enter into GPS: U.S. 302, Bretton Woods, NH 03595 (44.22° N, 71.41° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Exit 35 toward Rt. 3 North.
2. Take Rt. 3 North for 10 miles.
3. Turn right onto Rt. 302 East and continue 8.3 miles to Highland Center, located on right side of road.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North to 302/16 Junction in Glen, NH.
3. Continue onto Rt. 302 West. Follow for 15.8 miles to Highland center, located on left side of road.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West approximately 90 miles to Highland Center, located on the left side of the road.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA):
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Crawford Notch:
• From Boston, 160 miles, three hours.
• From Portland, 90 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 360 miles, seven hours.
• From Montreal, 175 miles, three hours and a half hours.
Nearby AMC Destination
Highland Center at Crawford Notch
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.