Friday, February 23, 2018 5:00PM - Sunday, February 25, 2018 2:00PM
New Hampshire, White Mountains,
Registration is required for this activity.
(best time to call: 9am-5pm, Monday-Saturday)
The Highland Center is surrounded by a beautiful network of cross country ski trails, offering over 100 kilometers of trails on terrain for all levels of ability. Enjoy a women's only weekend cross country skiing and snowshoeing in a supportive, fun atmosphere in the heart of the White Mountains. Guided cross country ski clinics focusing on improving your diagonal stride and classical techniques will be offered, as well as longer ski tour adventures out on the beautifully groomed trails of Bretton Woods. Snowshoeing will also be offered during the weekend. Yoga or stretching sessions will be offered each day, as well as an après ski social hour and evening program on Saturday.
•Classical ski clinic focusing on improving technique and efficiency on flats and uphills, and techniques for controlling speed and turning on downhills.
•Skiing on world-class, beautiful, varied terrain in the White Mountain National Forest.
•Winter natural history sessions on the trail.
•Fun, relaxed, social atmosphere in a group of all women, with female leaders.
*Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights
Dinners on Friday and Saturday
Breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday
Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
Yoga instruction with certified instructor
1 XC Ski ticket per person per day at Bretton Woods Nordic Trails
Free use of equipment and clothing from the L.L. Bean Gear Room
Guided programs and activities throughout the weekend
*$150 credit per person at the Omni Mt. Washington Resort Spa
Past participants say...
"It was so nice to have the coaching and knowledge of our leader. Given the conditions, she knew great trails to go on. She made sure it was a great experience." Participant, January 2014
"Our guide was very patient and knowledgeable. [Highlights included] her skiing lesson and clear explanation of skiing and pole use." Participant, January 2014
Driving Directions to Highland Center at Crawford Notch and Shapleigh Bunkhouse
Address to enter into GPS: U.S. 302, Bretton Woods, NH 03595 (44.22° N, 71.41° W)
From Greater Boston Area:
1. Take I-93 North to NH Exit 35 toward Rt. 3 North.
2. Take Rt. 3 North for 10 miles.
3. Turn right onto Rt. 302 East and continue 8.3 miles to Highland Center, located on right side of road.
1. Take I-95 North to NH Rt. 16 North (NH exit 4)
2. Follow 16 North to 302/16 Junction in Glen, NH.
3. Turn right onto Rt. 302 West. Follow for 15.8 miles to Highland center, located on left side of road.
From Portland, ME:
1. Take Rt. 302 West approximately 90 miles to Highland Center, located on the left side of the road.
1. Take AutoRt. 10 East to AutoRt. 55 South (north of Magog).
2. Take AutoRt. 55 South to I-91 South (at US/Canada line).
3. Take I-91 South to I-93 South (VT Exit 19).
4. Take I-93 South for 22.2 miles to Rt. 302 East (NH Exit 40).
5. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
From New York City (and Hartford, CT, or western MA):
1. Take I-95 North to I-91 North (Exit 48).
2. Take I-91 North through MA and VT to Rt. 302 East (VT Exit 17).
3. Take Rt. 302 East to Highland Center, located on the right side of the road.
Approximate driving times and mileage to Crawford Notch:
• From Boston, 160 miles, three hours.
• From Portland, 90 miles, two and a half hours.
• From New York City, 360 miles, seven hours.
• From Montreal, 175 miles, three hours and a half hours.
AMC Guides are passionate about the outdoors and have the skills necessary to ensure safe adventures. Certified in wilderness medicine, with focused training in outdoor leadership and risk management, guides provide individual attention while reaching group goals. They possess local natural and cultural history knowledge and solid backcountry skills, and they follow well-planned itineraries. As lifelong learners, AMC guides create the connections and moments that become lasting memories.